• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wow this is messed up!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That kids mom is retarded...and now the kid is probably also.

The mom was right behind the kid, running after her. I can't tell you how quickly a 2 year old can get away from you, especially in a crowded place like that. Sure, you need to be especially vigilant as a parent, especially in a crowd like that, but mistakes happen and I can tell you from experience that 2-year-olds are fast when they want to be.

Personally, I'm surprised by the reaction many people have had to this video. Anyone who can watch a baby get kicked in the head and knocked head-over-heels like a rag doll and laugh about it is sick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The mom was right behind the kid, running after her. I can't tell you how quickly a 2 year old can get away from you, especially in a crowded place like that. Sure, you need to be especially vigilant as a parent, especially in a crowd like that, but mistakes happen and I can tell you from experience that 2-year-olds are fast when they want to be.

Personally, I'm surprised by the reaction many people have had to this video. Anyone who can watch a baby get kicked in the head and knocked head-over-heels like a rag doll and laugh about it is sick.

So true, but that's the unfortunate outcome of the steady increase of these kinds of videos. People see it as entertainment rather than reality and are desensitized to the horrific events that take place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb
Well, I've read read enough of this thread to know that I never want to see the video, ever. I have a two year old girl, and I can't describe what I would do to prevent a single hair on her head from being hurt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
To y'all blaming the mother: have you ever watched a toddler? they can dash into all sorts of trouble before you can grab them! You'd have to be psychic to be able to stop them every time ~ they're little bundles of perpetual motion! Happily, they're also resilient little beings. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook...weeee!
wow. why do i have the urge to laugh? then, why do i have the urge to kick myself for laughing?
i feel so evil for laughing, but i did it.
im going to heck
anyone care to join me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Its not like they were in McDonalds and she wandered into the ball pit and fell down or something.

This is a subway station, with moving cars that could easily kill a grown man if he wasnt watching his step. My first words to my child as we entered that place would be "your hand in mine now".

It sucks for the kid and all, but if you dont watch your kid a little closer in one of the most potentially dangerous parts of the city, then where do you watch them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook...weeee!
Its not like they were in McDonalds and she wandered into the ball pit and fell down or something.

This is a subway station, with moving cars that could easily kill a grown man if he wasnt watching his step. My first words to my child as we entered that place would be "your hand in mine now".

It sucks for the kid and all, but if you dont watch your kid a little closer in one of the most potentially dangerous parts of the city, then where do you watch them?
true. very true. my little bro has this disese where he cant look both ways across the street.so then, i have make him look both ways a bajillion times before he can go on. and, i always make sure he is holding SOMEONES hand.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

I see your point, and I agree. But as the parent of a two year old, when my kid wants to get down or get away from me he does sometimes. I've had situations where I've had to hold him in awkward positions while he's kicking and screaming like I'm kidnapping just to get him out of an establishment because he's throwing a temper tantrum. I can easily see a 2-year-old, wanting to see what the crowd is fussing over, wrangling her hand from mine and taking off. Again, the mother was right behind, chasing the kid. I'm not going to beat a dead horse here - but please don't just jump to the conclusion that the mother was just letting the kid wander around.

They don't call them the "terrible twos" for nothing - that age is the height of curiosity and energy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.