archive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
yesterday i tried to download and install openoffice for mac, and the software was compatible with intel core duo and everything else. But the os had a problem nonetheless, so i called apple and they helped me to eventually do a system archive and i restored the os but had to update and all that.. BUt.. my computer NEVER before ran at a CPU temp of 150 degrees F and that is with 5 or 6 applications running at the same time. Now even with the update the computer will run around that sometimes, so if i restore does the computer save the previous os system that i had trouble with ??? or does it simply overlap that older OS with the reinstalled OS from the installation disks i used???

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh yea, now in my Macintosh HD I have a folder that says Previous system 1 ??? what is that, is it the older OS that I had originally???

Reaction score
yes that is your old system in that folder. As far as the temperature, try making sure you have installed all the updates. with the new install you did you may need to get on the web and do some software updates. do them and then restart and then do them again until there are no more for your system.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
should i delete that previous system folder, because something on my computer is EATING the ram and increasing the temperature a LOT ???

Reaction score
that depends if there is anything you want from in there. look through it and grab what you want to save and then go ahead and delete it. Did you do all the software updates after the new install?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the help bro, i just needed to delete the previous system folder and its contents and everything was fine.. I installed the updates after the computer initially finished the archive process....

-thanks for the help though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.