Sporadic blue screen fade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini , Ipod Nano
Just in the last few days my screen will turn blue for a second then come back. It will do this several times in a row (anywhere from 1 to 10 times) then it will stop for a little while sometimes a few minutes and sometime several hours. I haven’t changed anything on my system.

Has anyone seen this before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
is your highlight color blue?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini , Ipod Nano
my highlight color is green. I have turned my hot corners off thinking that this might be the problem but it didn't help. my background is the same blue color. It's almost as if everything (including my background picture) fades away leaving just the blue background, then it all comes back.

Reaction score
This same thin happened to me!

My screen has been fading to a blue screen for about 4 seconds off and on about 5 time in a row. It started after I had switch my ram cards in my imac. I shut my computer off earlier today and tried to make sure my ram cards were secure by pushing them in as much as I could without breaking them, and my computer has not faded to blue now today yet. I will let you know if it tries doing it again. If anybody can clarify this let me know.

Reaction score
Did you get to the bottom of this - mine has started doing this today without any reason - I too added in RAM recently though I made doubly sure it was all seated correctly

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you get to the bottom of this - mine has started doing this today without any reason - I too added in RAM recently though I made doubly sure it was all seated correctly

Pull the modules and reseat them again and see if the problem goes away. Memory slots on the iMac, MacBook, and MacBook Pro machines are real snug and sometimes require effort to get them seated properly. Just be careful not to apply too much pressure so as to break the module or damage the slot.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.