Emac Cd burner?

J

jasonphoto01

I recently got my emac and it doesnt look like there is a CD burner. What is the best way to find out if its able to burn cds? If its not able to is there any way I can make it burn cd's without buying an external drive? thanx!

OP
C

Chamorro

jasonphoto01 said:
I recently got my emac and it doesnt look like there is a CD burner. What is the best way to find out if its able to burn cds? If its not able to is there any way I can make it burn cd's without buying an external drive? thanx!

Go to the Apple Menu>About This Mac>More Info button, and check your ATA devices....that'll tell you what kind of drives you have. If it's only CD-ROM and you want an internal burner, you'll have to switch yours out w/ a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Any recent eMac has at least a combo drive, which is a CD burner -and a quick one at that

OP
J

jasonphoto01

perfect thanx! any recommendations on external cd burners? links?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Chamorro said:
Go to the Apple Menu>About This Mac>More Info button, and check your ATA devices....that'll tell you what kind of drives you have. If it's only CD-ROM and you want an internal burner, you'll have to switch yours out w/ a new one.
Use this info to check ;)

OP
C

Chamorro

jasonphoto01 said:
perfect thanx! any recommendations on external cd burners? links?

If you have the money, I'd recommend and DVD and CD burner, Pioneer seems to be the leader in these.

CD burners.....most of 'em are pretty good these days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.