Entourage and my PDA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" CD iMac and black C2D MacBook
Hi,

Although I've used a Mac at home for some time, I've just switched to a Mac at work on which I'm running Entourage. When I'm out and about I use a HP iPaq running Windows Mobile and connected to my firm's exchange server which allows me to automatically send and receive email on the move (like Blackberry).

When I was running Outlook, messages sent from my PDA would appear in the "sent items" folder of Outlook as a normal email with them being filed under the correct date and time they sent. However, with Entoutage the messages: (a) are filed under the date and time I next connect my Mac to the firm's network (in other words, a message sent over the weekend would show up under the sent items for Monday when I'm back at my desk); and (b) in many instances the messages won't display properly and are illegible code.

I'm puzzled because the iPaq works independently of the Mac - it's a Windows connection with the Exchange server. For some reason, Entourage treats email sent this way different to any other email including Webmail which displays properly.

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi there!
You are not the lonely one. I have the exact problem! Running Outlook via Parallels Desktop works though. Are there any account settings in Entourage that we missed?
Don

Reaction score
Too bad! Also, the ISP confirmed to my system administrator that there is no mistake in my Entourage account settings. Microsoft again **** off their customers.
One more example, my company has set up firewall for internet access. PC version MSN Messenger can go through by HTTP PROXY without opening the port in the firewall.
The latest MAC version MSN Messenger did not yet support that feature and I am still looking high & low for Mac IM softwares which don't require releasing the ports. I have tried Mercury, Adium, Yahoo Messengers...
Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Why not just set up forwarding for when you're out of the office, have the e-mail go to a 3rd party address (either at your ISP or an on-line service) and then have the PDA download from there? It's a crappy way around it, but it works. I actually do this with my Palm Treo and my Mail server.

Reaction score
Dear baggss,
I have no problem in using MS Active Sync Push Mail on the mobile device itself. I can send and recive via the mobile device perfectly. However, when email was send via the mobile device, the Entourage email client could not sync correctly in its "SEND" folder the emails sent, that's all. PC Outlook can sync the files without any problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
One more example, my company has set up firewall for internet access. PC version MSN Messenger can go through by HTTP PROXY without opening the port in the firewall.
The latest MAC version MSN Messenger did not yet support that feature and I am still looking high & low for Mac IM softwares which don't require releasing the ports. I have tried Mercury, Adium, Yahoo Messengers...

Not sure what you mean there -- I use Adium at work and it supports routing via http proxy just fine...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.