Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok so for you mac ppl this is going to be the most stupidest question you have ever heard, but in my head it stands to reason

I just wanted to ask now apple's run on intel processors, is it not possible just to go out buy all the parts RAM HDD Intel processor. Then buy a copy of OS X and run it on your brand new CHEAP machine

obviously i know the answer is no other wise loads of ppl would be doing this, i wondered why it is not posible to do this?

thank you and hope i haven't made my self look to stupid!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Why is it not possible? Because it's illegal. It says so right there in the EULA for OS X that Apple's OS is not to be installed on non-Apple hardware.

So while there are no technical limitations to installing OS X on a non-Apple computer, doing so would entail you to break the law. An x86 version of Tiger is not available for retail purchase, so acquiring a copy is going to prove to be a bit difficult legally.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hey Kash Thanx for the speedy response

I'm not saying i want to i just wanted to know if it would be physically possible to do that now apple is running Intel processors

and if there were any physical limitations to to doing it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The problem is with the BIOS PCs use and the Firmware Macs use. You have to be skillful hacking a PC to run OS X, and it is a lot of effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.