Dual Core G5 hardrive failure

Reaction score
I took my tower into the MAC genius bar and they told me the files from my hard drive have little to no chance of being retrieved and that my last hope is Disk Warrior. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

The computer wouldn't boot off of another hard drive...mine is recognized but something about the file system is messed up. He believes it has to do with programs freezing up? I appologize for the lack of better explanation, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated since this hard drive contains my livelihood as an Art Center student.

If you need any information to help me, please request it and I will tell you all I know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
you could send the hard drive itself into apple and have them recover as much as possible from the disc. Or send in the whole system and have them totally redo it (if you have apple care that is). Just a thought. You probably wont get many solutions to this one from this forum or any other one, we are just everyday mac users, not ITs, sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.