MacBook > mini-dvi > dvi > hdmi > HDTV

Reaction score
Evening All,

I've been trying for a good hour or so now to try and make the above combination to work.

Every time I click "Detect Displays" nothing happens and the picture still stays the same on my tv. It just says "No Signal".

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Karl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Try turning off the tv...connecting the Macbook anc then turn on the tv again....or is it tv on and then plug Macbook and switch Macbook on.....I do it at work but cant for the life of me remeber which way round I do this.

OP
K
Reaction score
Try turning off the tv...connecting the Macbook anc then turn on the tv again....or is it tv on and then plug Macbook and switch Macbook on.....I do it at work but cant for the life of me remeber which way round I do this.

I've tried both, when I click on "Detect Displays" nothing happens.

Reaction score
maybe you should try pushing the mini dvi adapter into the macbook with a little bit more force. i'm running the same set up and thats what i did to get it to display.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20", 2.0 GHz BlacBook
What display settings do you have setup for the mini-DVI port? Resolution and refresh rate please?

Reaction score
I am having the same problem

I have a mini dvi to HDMI cable and an HDMI cable connecting this to my HDTV. I have tried to get the tv to recognize my 2009 macbook but I can't get it to work. I have tried multiply resolutions. The refresh rate is at 60 Hz

I have also tried connecting it to another HDTV but can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.