file migration...HELP!!!!

Reaction score
looong story short....i got rid of a PC --forever! good riddence to bad rubbish, i say. anyway, i loaded all of my office documents on a disc. now i have a brand spankin' new imac 20-incher (which i LOVE) and i'm trying to get those files on the new rig. i have office for mac installed, and i can read and access files FROM the disc, but i can't figure out how to get them on the imac for good.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
N
Reaction score
i get a disc icon on the desktop...do i open that and drag each filee one by one? and if so, drag them to where?

remember, i'm new. really new.

Reaction score
No problem.

Create a folder on the desktop (the desktop, to keep it simple), and double-click the disc to open it.

Click on one of the files to keep the computer's "focus" on the disc, then hold down the Command/Apple key and the "a" key. This will highlight all the files on the disk.

Then click on one of the files, and drag it to the folder you created on the desktop. All the files will move with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.