AirPort card not picking up

Reaction score
I stupidly had my PowerBook G4 serviced by someone not familiar with Macs and, after four and a half long months of waiting, I got it back today. My screen was broken and they put a new one back in, but now my AirPort card won't pick up my wireless network no matter how close I get to the base station. I had a fear that this would happen because the AirPort antenna goes up the screen case.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was an easy fix for this (I doubt it) or if I can use a third-party PCI wireless card until I can find someplace that actually knows what they are doing to fix this. I will not take it back to the shop I had it in and there may not be a repair store knowledgeable on Macs within 2 hours of where I live.

OP
N
Reaction score
Never mind... I just had to reconfigure my airport data... I had changed the password during the time my computer was in the shop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.