Licensing information for OS 10.2.8

D

dlawson

I am a tech at a company that uses many Macs…I need to reinstall the OS on a G4 but they have lost the install disks that goes with the computer. There are other G4s at this location with the OS I need (10.2.8) can I use one of those disks? Or do I have to order replacement disks from Apple because of licensing issues?

Thanks alot

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If the media are from the same type of system then I don't think you will have a problem. I say this because I an assuming you are speaking of the restore disks. If the media is a generic installation disk, then you should be okay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Try it. The installer will let you know if it will work.

OP
D

dlawson

I am just worried because we are in the news paper business and if a graphics computer goes down we are in trouble but I am just going to try it. I also dont want to break and usage agreements with apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Call Apple. no one would know better then Apple themselves :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.