Hard Shell...

Reaction score
http://www.speckproducts.com/15mac-seethru.html

I'm highly considering buying one of these Speck hard shell cases... but I haven't heard all too much about them! I want something to protect the outside of my MBP at all times (when out of the case).
Does anyone have one of these?! Also, are there any other types of hard shells you've seen/heard good things about? =)
Thanks for the input!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
http://www.speckproducts.com/15mac-seethru.html

I'm highly considering buying one of these Speck hard shell cases... but I haven't heard all too much about them! I want something to protect the outside of my MBP at all times (when out of the case).
Does anyone have one of these?! Also, are there any other types of hard shells you've seen/heard good things about? =)
Thanks for the input!

I have one. My only complaint is that the case has several points that don't have a "snap" area on them that should, like the back right corner on the bottom. It will hang off if you pull on it in the slightest. Other than that, it works well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", C2D 2.33 ghz, 2 gig memory; 12" iBook G4, 1.33 ghz.; Cube, 450 mhz stock; 17" studio lcd
Overall, I like the hard shell protection. My laptop is shuffled back and forth between work and my home office, and this offers it an additional degree of protection. Mine seems to fit pretty well, too.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have one as do several other members. Seems to be only a couple with any type of issue - most like it.

Here is another current thread on this case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.