Eyetv DTT Stick

Reaction score
Hi, yesterday i bought an EyeTV for DTT Stick for my imac G5. I plugged it in to my mac and was disappointed to find that using the provided aerial, i got no channel found :(. Anyway I then used a 10 year old or so, aerial from my analogue TV set and surprisingly, i'm able to use about 36 channels when the aerial is facing the right dirction, however no bbc or other good ones. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this aerial would be good for use with the EyeTV? I live in Scotland (Edinburgh.)

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi jamesbailey211,

I also have the same EyeTV USB DTT Stick as you. From time to time I have reception problems with the small antenna that comes with it. I daisy chain a few USB cables to give me extra length so I can position the antenna best. I also have it tied to the top of a bamboo pole so I can achieve a bit of extra height in my room which is rather bare.

The following thread is quite interesting in that it addresses the reception problems one might find themselves faced with as they start using their newly purchased Elgato product.

EyeTV DTT devices are quite difficult to troubleshoot IMHO, but hopefully this will make things a little easier for you....

EteTV Thread

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.