Help! Won't turn on...

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a Powerbook G4 (1.5ghz.) and it is no longer turning on. The battery is fully charged and I checked all of the power wires that I could get to inside and they all look good. This happened after I had the key board off and was pressing on the back around where the "x" key is as the keyboard seemed to be slightly bent. After I put it back together it wouldn't turn on. I followed the two wires from the power button and they seem fine as does the keyboard connection. Are there any fuses anywhere that might be preventing it from turning on?

Any help would be appreciated as I am currently using an old Toshiba satellite. A *shudder* PC...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
There aren't any fuses that I know of. You might trace the power wires back to the power pins on the logic board. Then, take a non-coated metal screwdriver and use it to *carefully* short out the two power pins. If your Powerbook starts up, then you simply have a dead power button. If it does not, then you've got more serious issues...like a cracked logic board or something.

Best of luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.