Macbook and games

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
Yay first post.

I'm making the switch from windows to mac and want to get a laptop. I can't really justify the extra expense of the MBP but still want to play the odd game.

Does the Macbook handle games well? Or should i re-consider the MBP?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Yay first post.

I'm making the switch from windows to mac and want to get a laptop. I can't really justify the extra expense of the MBP but still want to play the odd game.

Does the Macbook handle games well? Or should i re-consider the MBP?

Thanks.

Welcome to MF! I think a macbook will run games just fine.. I can't say for sure because I have never owned one.. The reason I say I believe you will be fine is because my PB 1.67ghz with 2gb of ram runs games just fine.. no issues at all.. If you do go with a macbook and you are big into games I do suggest you max out your ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Depends on the game. My Macbook runs UT2004 just fine (though it does get the fans humming) but that's the only game I really play on it.

Then again, my Mac Mini ran UT2004 just fine as well even if I had to quit all the other apps I run to really get the max performance out of it.

Some of the more hardcore games that people build souped up Windows machines for, maybe not though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2Ghz C2D, 2GB ram
If the games require a GPU, then MBP is the way you gotta go. Otherwise, MB all the way!

OP
Arekisu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I won't be getting anything that's very graphic intensive. Maybe Age of Empires 3, Starcraft and Diablo 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
welcome. it would probs be able to manage age of empires but not games like F.E.A.R. or BF2 etc..

OP
Arekisu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's going to have 2Gb of RAM when i purchase it so i shouldn't have any problems with the simpler games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD
The Macbook has Intel GMA 950 graphics, therefore, its not very powerfull. Although, don't let that fool you. It can handle Counter Strike 1.6 and CounterStrike Source. I've also played Halo 2 and it plays quite well. (Not upto PC standard though).
The Macbook pro would be better for gaming, however, the price tag is quite big.

Reaction score
games

hi

nanosaur is cool. graphics ace.
(3d glasses reqd)
:p

yay buy a mac just to play games on it!
but like all computers, games max out the ram.
so- just go for it and get the fastest machine if you can afford it.
displays amazing

and if your just into gaming, use the mac for purely that- and use an external HD to keep all your other files on it.

just a thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
it will run just about anything as i found out by installing xp on my mac and playing half life 2 dow and fear my macbook has not had a problem running anything on full settings.

OP
Arekisu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.