Buying a MacMini. Few questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Hey.

Well i moved to buying a Macbook a month ago now and i love it. I actually liked it so much, i want to get a Mac PC.

I currently have a Dell Dimension 3100 PC which sucks. I was thinking of saving up for an iMac, but with the price tag, they are about £700 here. (Sorry for the US, i don't know the conversion rate).

Instead, i thought as i have surround sound speakers, a 17'' Dell Monitor and a keyboard and mouse, i might aswell just buy the Mini. I can get one from eBay for £250. Which means a short wait and i can buy one. (a few weeks).

I just want to know are they worth buying. I don't do nothing to big. I have finalcut express on my Macbook (c2d 1.83 1gb) and it runs fine so i can use the Macbook for big demanding apps.

If i get a Mac mini, is there different versions. I know some have a G4 processor and some have core duo. Whats better? also, some have intel graphics and some have ATI 9100 graphics. How come?

Anything else i need to know? I neeeeeeeeeeed to get away from Windows. :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
attaching your monitor to your macbook doesn't sounds good to you?

You can use your dell monitor, no problem. Same with your mouse. I would buy an apple keyboard, as pc keyboards does not have the same keys configuration.

That's what I do. I have a mbp. way more powerful than a mac mini. I bought a 20" LCD monitor, apple wireless keyboard and mouse, and that's it. I have mobility, and desktop, with only one machine.

OP
Hustle
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Theres always people in my house who want to use the Macbook for something. Thats why i'd like to get a Mac PC. That and i want it all hooked up to my TV. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.