Final Cut Pro and MacBook... Anyone do it?

Reaction score
Hey I'm going to get a black MacBook with 2GB RAM and a 200gig HD and I want to know if anyone has trouble running Final Cut Pro on it with the integrated graphics. I don't even know if Final Cut uses much video memory. If anyone uses it or knows whether it runs smooth or not please leave a message back in here.
Thanks,
Burton8219

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
FCP would be fine on your laptop if you didn't get the 200GB hard drive (unless you are planning on using an external drive with Final Cut). The 4200RPM drive is WAY too slow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
i use it most days on my macbook to create film that is used on the tv so yer its safe to say it works lol

Reaction score
I'm using FCP on my MacBook right now. My biggest problem is that I'm not getting any real-time video playback without having to render (which is a huge hassle - I'd like to see my cuts in even low quality as soon as I make them). I have all of the RT settings set to their lowest quality settings, and I'm still having problems. Anybody who has used FCP on a MacBook know how to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD
I use FCE and it does run quite well. Not great, but well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.