Password:
Last login: Mon May 3 15:20:19 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
tcsh: No entry for terminal type "network"
tcsh: using dumb terminal settings.
[roberted:~] root# ..
/usr/bin/..: Permission denied.
[roberted:~] root#

(1) Now let me tell you what the problem is: first, everytime I open a new terminal, it tries to execute a new command? why, and how do I make it stop?

(2) I had to replace the termcap file (because I was getting this:tcsh: Cannot open /etc/termcap.
tcsh: using dumb terminal settings.)
and after i did I am now getting the 'no entry type' error above, and I cant cd above my regullar login.

(3) I can login as root, but I cant access the higher directories. I type in '..' and I get permission denied. I am trying to get to my MySQL directory to do some thigs and I cant get there.

I do have admin priv.

Is it possible that this is all linked to one thing? Did someone get peanut butter in my UNIX?
Someone help this budding brain and aching computer please.
Bo Eddy

Reaction score
Check your .tcshrc file or a saved terminal file for the command. Also repair permissions on your drive. Don't know how termcap got borked.

Is this Jag or Panther?

OP
D

dr_springfield

err.. you're typing in ".." at terminal or "cd .."? I think maybe you're typing the former when you mean to type the latter.

Reaction score
Hmmm, didn't notice that. Yeah, if you want to go up one dir using just '..' you need to make an alias else use 'cd ..'

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I seem to remember that this problem had been posted before. You might search this board.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Yeah that seems odd, in terminal to see last command hit up arrow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.