• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Where is ToddG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Carol247
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Wow! I'm gone a few hours and look where this thread has strayed! :D

You all are so much fun! I too think ToddG would appreciate that "his" thread took such a delicious turn. ;D

He will be missed though! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
May be we can lure him back with Special Edition Mac-Forums Blueberry Pancakes, do u folks think it would work :p :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If it doesn't, I call dibs on the pancakes!!! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
181608cm547rxz0z.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
That does it, time to make my homemade pancake mix and make up a batch of pancakes in ToddG's honor.

Maybe he will miss us all and return some day.

Hope so.

dtravis...can you pm me a pancake.....:D ;D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
oh, i hope i live to see the day when mankind can instant message snacks...

[sigh]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I especially love the apple bavarian ones they serve at the pancake parlour near home, ohhhh and a big swiss malted. mmmmmmmmm drroooooooool

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you know, i could really go for a nice monte cristo right now.

mmmmm, monte cristo...

M

MacHeadCase

That does it, time to make my homemade pancake mix and make up a batch of pancakes in ToddG's honor.

Maybe he will miss us all and return some day.

Hope so.

Well this a.m. I'd kinda like some too. My mailbox is small though so all the blueberries are gonna be squished beyond recognition. And they're gonna ring out all the maple syrup... Whaaaaah! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
OH NO!! I had no idea he'd left, I thought he was on holiday or something :( I'll miss him *sniff*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Gotcha...

The rep system is becoming tricky my friends.

I am still "irked" by the fact that I got a negative rep for Stating my Opinion of MS Windows a couple of days ago, Seriously how do u get negative rep on a MAC forum for Saying that Windows is no good?!!!

Could it be because not everyone who uses a Mac hates Windows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey I agree with u, but I am still entitled to my own opinion aren't I?

If I dislike windows and all the pain it brought me with all my previous PCs then there should be nothing wrong with me saying that.

Mind you I still have to use Windows for work and unfortunately even on my MacBook, but that doesn't mean I like it!

None the less I still don't see this as a valid Negative Rep situation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey I agree with u, but I am still entitled to my own opinion aren't I?

If I dislike windows and all the pain it brought me with all my previous PCs then there should be nothing wrong with me saying that.

Mind you I still have to use Windows for work and unfortunately even on my MacBook, but that doesn't mean I like it!

None the less I still don't see this as a valid Negative Rep situation.

It's a perfect reason for negative rep. This is a perfect example of the hypocritical attitude some people display for the system. So do you think people should not be allowed to give positive rep for posts that are only opinion? Heck, I just checked out your rep points and noticed you got a few positive's for opinion posts...should I remove those for you?

There is more than enough discussion on this topic with more than enough replies from the mods to explain to you why the reps system is the way it is and our philosophy on what it should be use for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am not here to make a big fuss about things like this. And as u mentioned b4 rep points and post counts are meaningless to some extent.

What happened is in the past and I moved along! lets not make it a big deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It's a perfect reason for negative rep. This is a perfect example of the hypocritical attitude some people display for the system. So do you think people should not be allowed to give positive rep for posts that are only opinion? Heck, I just checked out your rep points and noticed you got a few positive's for opinion posts...should I remove those for you?

There is more than enough discussion on this topic with more than enough replies from the mods to explain to you why the reps system is the way it is and our philosophy on what it should be use for.

I can see the hypocrisy of it, but just imagine if we all gave negative rep for every comment we read that we don't agree with. I think things would get ugly pretty fast. Then you might consider it a matter of degree. But then again everyone's line of how much they agree or disagree enough to validate a rep one way or another is different, so some may get upset over it.

At first, I thought the purpose of the positive rep system was for instances when one has helped another with a technical or informational issues, not for opinions. I thought a lot of positive rep was an example of one's Apple knowledge and ability. On the flip side, I thought negative rep was to keep people in line and mature by dinging people for making negative personal attacks, immature comments and baseless claims; basically to keep the forum civil in a time when people tend to be more ugly, cruel and rude when they can hide behind their keyboard. (see comments on Youtube as an example) I used to judge information I got by a person's rep, but since one can build rep just by saying what someone else likes to hear or just "forum friends", I suppose it's not the best way to judge what someone tells you from a technical standpoint.

At first, I didn't hand out much rep and when I got negative reps for opinions I was pretty mad under this assumption. I personally feel my assumption of how the system should work is much more appropriate because, awarding like-mindedness and punishing differing ideas feels like an attack on one's freedom of speech and will hinder people from speaking how they feel out of fear it will bring a negative response that tarnishes their reputation.

Just one person's humble opinion.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I said this once and will say it once more, it seems most of the users I do give Neg Rep to are banned and never return. I don't hand out Negative Rep unless a user is really trying to make trouble here.

I understand people have opinions and try to respect those opinions. I just get upset at Trolls who come here JUST to bash OSX and Mac's. Those users I have no respect for and they have no place on a Mac forum as they are here just to make a war.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am not here to make a big fuss about things like this. And as u mentioned b4 rep points and post counts are meaningless to some extent.

What happened is in the past and I moved along! lets not make it a big deal.

Then why do you feel the need to bring it up constantly? I suggest to you that if it's not big deal, you stop mentioning it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just one person's humble opinion.

Thank you for your opinion. As I stated earlier, the system's philosophy has been outlined and explained numerous times on this board.

I would suggest that this be the end of the discussion as there has been more than enough discussion on the rep system and a search will yield the same answers you'll receive from anyone on staff today.

Not to mention, that is not the topic of this thread. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.