macbook or macbook pro for me ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i hope to get a new laptop in the summer - once leopard is released.

i know the mbp is bigger etc but i dont really need a 12.1" now as im going to do 6th form/college.

i want the power of the mbp but dont want the price ! lol.

i would be doing all my skl work - including ilife - imovie, etc..

i would hope to put xp on it and play some BF2 or F.E.A.R. now and then.

is the mbp price tag really worth that £300 + more or so. ?:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook, 2.16 GHz C2D, 2 GB ram, 160 GB HD
I'm no expert, but from information found from major lurkage over the past weeks, I would say that you would probably be better off with the MBP. You said you wanted to have XP and do some gaming so you'd be better off with the Pro's graphic card. Depending on how much video editing you'll be doing, the Pro could be better.

Also, the MacBook is actually 13.3 inches, not 12.1 and Leopard isn't scheduled to come out until October, so if you're waiting for it you'll have plenty of time to think about your choice.

Hope this helped, i'm in the market for a laptop too, leaning towards a MacBook for college.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i think waiting for leopard is, well, kind of stupid. It will not be released until october, and it will probably be another 2 months before it gets preinstalled on all macs...
Leopard also doesnt have to many revolutionary features. A slightly polished interface, time machine, spaces, video backdrops, web-clip widgets... most of which are useless and/or can be downloaded for free off the internet. Leopard only costs like what, $100 bucks anyway?
Postponing your purchase for a significant amount of time for a few cool features seems a little illogical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2Ghz C2D, 2GB ram
The deciding factor seems to be how much do your games mean to you? If you cant live without them, then the MBP is for you. Im pretty sure the MB would have a hard time running those games on it. But for everything else, the MB seems the way to go. I just picked one up as a college computer, and it has done everything i needed it to, all the MS Office apps work well, iLife flies as well. I havent doen any video editing/photoshopping as they arent really my 'thing' so i cant comment on those.
I would definitely spring for 2gb of RAM, its not necessary, but it seems to increase the performance quite a bit.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i think waiting for leopard is, well, kind of stupid. It will not be released until october, and it will probably be another 2 months before it gets preinstalled on all macs...
Leopard also doesnt have to many revolutionary features. A slightly polished interface, time machine, spaces, video backdrops, web-clip widgets... most of which are useless and/or can be downloaded for free off the internet. Leopard only costs like what, $100 bucks anyway?
Postponing your purchase for a significant amount of time for a few cool features seems a little illogical.

thanks for all the help guys. I will be buying in like september or october so im not really waiting for leopard its more like it will be coming out when i ready to buy.

games dont mean really that much as i can play them on my imac when home it would just be nice IF i am able afford it.

keep posting

ta.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.