MacBook and PDA/cell phones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
I have had my macbook for a little over 5 months now and I have been loving every minute of it.

It has come time to get a new cell phone (i have been using a Palm Treo 700w). I'm wondering if anybody out there has any good recommendations for a smart phone that is good with macs?

I use iCal and I would like to be able to sync with the calender feature of my phone via either usb or bluetooth (don't really care which one). I had used MissingSync with my Treo but it works sparingly and I have not been very impressed with it.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

If yall need anymore information let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I using missing sync with my 700p and it works flawlessly everytime...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I've had some problems with iSync with my Palm Zire 31 on occasion. Main problem seems to be that HotSync Manager is still used by iSync, and is still a PPC application. There was a couple of instances where even though I had put an appointment into iCal, for some reason it refused to show up in the Palm calendar after what appeared to be a successful sync.

I purchased the Missing Sync, but couldn't get it to work on my Mac Mini for some reason that I forget, and I haven't tried it yet on my Macbook.

Otherwise, most of the time it works fine, but I wouldn't say that Palm based devices are necessarily 'Mac friendly' even if you can get them to work. I wish Apple would just create their own PDA. I'd probably buy one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I using missing sync with my 700p and it works flawlessly everytime...

Agreed. Mine works fine with no issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.