Force eject disk

Reaction score
Hi, I'm using CrossOver to install a game but it has 2 disk to install but I can't eject it because OS X say its in use how would I eject it.

OP
C
Reaction score
I can't restart because it says it needs disk 2 for the installation and if I restart it will quit the installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I can't restart because it says it needs disk 2 for the installation and if I restart it will quit the installation.

I think your installation is hosed anyway. If it's asking for disk 2, but the OS thinks disk 1 is still in use, something's up . . .

FWIW, I also hate the way OSX controls this. Not having an eject button is just aesthetics. If the OS isn't clever enough to be able to get it right (and it's not, ejecting a stuck disk is a regular topic on these forums) they should let us do it ourselves.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'd recommend creating images of both discs, and then mounting them both simultaneously.

The problem seems to be with the fact that crossover isn't telling OS X that the disc isn't in use.

Btw, which game is it? I doubt you'll have much joy running it using crossover if it's anything relatively modern.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I'd recommend using Sim City 4 native or in bootcamp. As on a big city on my intel imac, it is a tinsey bit jumpy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.