How to copy movies to AppleTV and iPod without syncing

Reaction score
I have both a Video iPod and a AppleTV. I have a lot of short videos that I read into my Mac from DVD's. I like to put these on my video iPod and the AppleTV. Because of a shortage of hard drive space I don't like to keep these files on my Mac. I'd like to simply be able to copy these files to either of these devices. I have been able to drag a song in iTunes to my iPod to do this but can't do this with videos and also can't do this to my AppleTV. Is there a way to do this?
For now I have syncing turned on and select what videos I want to copy over in the sync options for movies. I'm sure if I deleted these items from my computer in the next sync it would be deleted from the device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 700MH, Mac mini 1.66GH core duo, iPod 5G 60Gig
If you delete the movie files in the Finder and not from within iTunes they'll be off your hard drive but not deleted from your iPod/Apple TV. Within iTunes you'll get a exclamation point next to the items because it can't find them. Just make sure you sync before deleting them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.