Need help compressing files...please?

Reaction score
I need to compress some 10 MB jpeg images in order to send them through email. I downloaded Stuffit Expander and can't figure out how to use it :[ Is this the best way to go about this? I have OS 10.4.
Thanks guys and gals!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Are each of the files 10MB or do you have several files that total 10MB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Right+Click on the Folder of images... or the individual image (whatever you want to send)

Choose "Stuffit" ... (bottom of the contextual menu)
Then pick what you like... keep in mind the person you are sending it to will need Stuffit to OPEN the file.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
JPEG's don't usually shrink that much. You can just Right Click on your files and click Creative Archive and it will make a .ZIP archive for you. It's built into 10.4. ZIP is a lot more standard anyway and something your friend might have.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you may want to look at some other options too...

sending the files one or two at a time (if 10Mb is the total).
using a program like gimp or seashore to shrink the images a bit (probaby even iPhoto, but i try to stay away from that).
or setting up a free flickr or imageshack account and just uploading them for your contact to see online.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone, will play around with it in the morning..good night all!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.