Mac Mini or iMac? What's better for me?

OP
I
Reaction score
Are Mac minis available in Canada, if not, will they ship to Canada? (Sounds stupid I know, just making sure)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Yeah man, I think they will ship worldwide just to confirm u can go online and click on the Chat Now from the Apple Online Store and they'll be able to give u more accurate info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
I'm just going to bundle up the rest of my questions here.

-Is it safe to leave your Mac Mini running all day, and just shut it off at night, reboot in the morning/afternoon? I use my current computer quite a bit.

-Is 512mb of ram good enough to store/listen to my music and use the internet? That's really all I want out of my Mac. I'll likely never use apps like iMovie, and Garageband.

-Are the Minis more prone(then other Macs) to just crashing or not turning on one day or just gettting fryed internally or whatever else that's bad that could happen?

-How many years do you think I could get out of it if I take good care of it (which I will)?

-Are Mac minis available in Canada, if not, will they ship to Canada? (Sounds stupid I know, just making sure)

The Mac will sleep after a while, they wake up really fast.

512MB will be fine, with 1GB it will be faster though.

Mini's aren't more crash prone.

As for lifespan, the hard disk is the weak part, laptop drives don't last as long as normal hard disks. You should get 2 years of trouble free use out of it minimum.

Reaction score
I leave mines asleep all the time no problems

Yes 512 would be fine

I never had a problem with it crashing

If you live near the border or will be going to the US it would be better buy since it would be cheaper.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.