Has anyone heard about...

J

jaetique

...some problems with the iBook chipset? According to a source (friend of a friend of mine - hey, worth checking out anyway), Apple has increased warranty (over here in Singapore - not sure whether that's occuring in the States, but I thought you guys might be in the know) due to complaints.

I'm going a bit heebiejeebies over this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
jaetique said:
...some problems with the iBook chipset? According to a source (friend of a friend of mine - hey, worth checking out anyway), Apple has increased warranty (over here in Singapore - not sure whether that's occuring in the States, but I thought you guys might be in the know) due to complaints.

I'm going a bit heebiejeebies over this.

I think what you're probably referring to is the fact that Apple has increased the coverage of its "iBook Logic Board Repair" program to cover some additional machines. It's not really something to be concerned about, since if your machine is experiencing the logic board problems, it will most likely be covered under this program.

http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/

OP
J

jaetique

Thanks, Padawan :D That takes a load off my mind since I should be getting one in the next two months. *drool*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.