Email From Mac to PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I just found out today that the emails I have been sending haven't been delivered the way I wanted them delivered. I was at my mom's today and she said that everything I send her she must select what programs to open things I send. For example: I use MS Word in Parallels and fill out a contract. Saved it. Then using my Mac Mail App using AOL I email her the .doc file. When she receives it is is just listed as a file. She then has to use "open with" and select Word. What am I missing? I remember seeing something that says send windows friendly and made sure that was enabled but it must be something else...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I just found out today that the emails I have been sending haven't been delivered the way I wanted them delivered. I was at my mom's today and she said that everything I send her she must select what programs to open things I send. For example: I use MS Word in Parallels and fill out a contract. Saved it. Then using my Mac Mail App using AOL I email her the .doc file. When she receives it is is just listed as a file. She then has to use "open with" and select Word. What am I missing? I remember seeing something that says send windows friendly and made sure that was enabled but it must be something else...

The Windows friendly attachment checkbox only does the setting for that one email you do it in; it doesn't remember it as something you want, unless you change it in Preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
What is the extension for ms word documents on a mac? What is it for a pc? If they're different maybe just change the file extension so it can be read by a windows computer and change it back after you've sent it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Windows should associate the file automatically once it's on the PC, however I'm not sure what it may look like in whatever application it's being emailed to/in. If she saves it to the desktop or her My Documents folder, she should then be able to just double-click the file to open it, assuming that Word is properly installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.