BootCamp Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15' 2.33Ghz C2D MBP, 3GB RAM, 200GB HDD
Does anyone else that runs XP Pro (or any version of Windows compatible with Bootcamp for that matter) experience high pitched sounds either with normal use or playing a game (Half Life 2)? It doesn't do it when running OSX that I know of, just XP. Is it just Apple's software not completely resolving some hardware issues or is it just my machine is what I'm asking. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
while i cant answer your question, i have one to ask of you. is Half Life 2 or any of the other games you play widescreen? i tried to play a widescreen game on XP on my MBP (battlefield 2142) and it gave me a BSOD... after doing some research i found out that was because boot camp doesnt work so well with widescreen games. do you have similar issues?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15' 2.33Ghz C2D MBP, 3GB RAM, 200GB HDD
Half Life 2 supports widescreen displays. I haven't had any problems either. It may just be battlefield.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.33Ghz, 3GB RAM, FinalCutStudio2
Battlefield 2142 does not have Wide Screen support. Unless they just released an update for it.

Josh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.