Upgrading RAM on my Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro/2.66 Ghz/4GB RAM/320GB HD/NVIDIA GeForce 9400 and NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Want to install 2G of RAM in my Macbook. I will be doing this myself as it doesn't look hard at all. SO I can buy 2 1GB sticks and put in in eh ? Any suggestions on where to buy em ? Can't wait.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Sure, newegg.com. And yes, 2x1GB is ideal. It helps a lot, that's what I'm using.

The installation process is fairly easy, just don't lose the small screws that you have to unscrew :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Real easy check this out! It takes me 7 minutes to swap out a hard drive and ram

OP
digitalfish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro/2.66 Ghz/4GB RAM/320GB HD/NVIDIA GeForce 9400 and NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
cool Donkeys! thanks....:Smirk:

I called my Apple Store and they charge $350 for their 2GB memory sticks. Ooouch...
I'll be goin with a 3rd party manufacture 4 sure....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 2GB ram, 80 Gig HD
got my 2gb from www.crucial.com for £70 UK pounds. was a doddle to fit. you have to press it in suprisingly hard though!! also with free delivery which came next day ant complain at all!
i didnt think my macbook was slow before, but im sure i will notice the gain in speed when i try!


Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.