Upgrading Ram in iBooks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
Hi, i've read a few posts in forums here about people buying Ram from other than Apple coz it's so much cheaper. I'm wanting to possibly do this, but how easy is it to do? would i void the warranty of the iBook i'll be buying soon?

Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
citystar2k said:
Hi, i've read a few posts in forums here about people buying Ram from other than Apple coz it's so much cheaper. I'm wanting to possibly do this, but how easy is it to do? would i void the warranty of the iBook i'll be buying soon?

Thanks for reading.

It is very easy to install RAM in an iBook. The only thing that would be helpful is a set of small screwdrivers. And no, you won't void the warranty by installing it yourself.

T

TylerMoney

also, you want to make sure you get ram that isn't going to cause problems with your mac. crucial.com is a good place to go for that. Also, corsair is really good memmory...and won't have any problems running with you mac. Itstallation is extremely easy...there are instructions on how to do it in the booklet that came with your computer...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.