Well, hopefully soon...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Nah buy it from http://www.edu.com :) Im not sure if you'll have to pay taxes since Im not sure what state they are in, but they are the best that I have seen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually hmm.. they don't look as good as they used to.. they used to have a bunch of mac products, etc etc.. and now.. not really at all, although good prices on software like they always have had. So hmm.. what I would do is call all these people up, call apple up and find out what the final price would be, then call pcconnection up and find out from them what their price would be.. that's what I always do when I purchase anything, but usually I call a whole bunch of people that I find on this site: http://www.pricegrabber.com

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Murlyn said:
Nah buy it from http://www.edu.com :) Im not sure if you'll have to pay taxes since Im not sure what state they are in, but they are the best that I have seen.

That looks like a cool site, but I couldn't locate any Apple computers, only software. :confused:

OP
P

pcjabber

Wapa18 said:
i have it, and i love it. it's really well put together.
Sweet! Thanks for the lightning-fast reply (thats one thing I really like about this place :))

--PCjabber

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh yeah, absolutely love it.. I can't wait to get it every month.. it's really quite an awesome mag, great humor, great reviews, nice contests, just a very well put together magazine that not only has a lot of information in it, but you really enjoy reading it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
MacAddict and MacWorld are both excellent magazines

OP
P

pcjabber

Heh, if I could afford both, I would get them =). I'm having to give up one of my mags as it is to get Addict. Of course, I'll probably get the 'Book first ;)

Which is better? Addict or World?

OP
P

pcjabber

trpnmonkey41 said:
I bought my powerbook with the discount and it worked fine for me....just bought an emac for my dad a few weeks ago under my sisters name and it worked
When you did this, did you order online or thru the phone? Thru the phone, i found (when i called for final pricing) that the guy wanted to know what subject i taught, etc. Dunno about online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bought the powerbook at the store itself and the eMac online

OP
P

pcjabber

trpnmonkey41 said:
Bought the powerbook at the store itself and the eMac online
And they had no problems with it in the brick-and-mortar? Didn't they question that you are a student?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
didn't have any problems....they told me they didn't even need my student id at the store and the online purchase went through fine

OP
P

pcjabber

Sweet! No ID request at the online either?? Just select your school and buy?

--PCjabber

OP
W

wahdiatme

pcjabber said:
Sweet! No ID request at the online either?? Just select your school and buy?

--PCjabber

yea all you have to do is verify that you accept the agreement that you are either in college or have been accepted to college, or are a teacher in your school district

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The on-line Apple store does verify if you are a student or not.

OP
P

pcjabber

wahdiatme said:
yea all you have to do is verify that you accept the agreement that you are either in college or have been accepted to college, or are a teacher in your school district

Ahem. So if you are just in high school, what should you do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
pcjabber said:
How does it do that?

They contact the school to see if you are in the enrollment

pcjabber said:
Ahem. So if you are just in high school, what should you do?
I don't think there are any problems with just filling it all out in your name

OP
P

pcjabber

trpnmonkey41 said:

They contact the school to see if you are in the enrollment

I don't think there are any problems with just filling it all out in your name
What happens if they find you arent a student in college, or teach in high school? i.e. they find out you are a student in high school?

BTW, just my opinion, but I think that high school students should be allowed the discount! If college-level students get it, and K-12 teachers, 9-12 grade students should get it too!

--PCjabber

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.