Microsoft PC man needs help with MAC...

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first post.
I only use PC and the dreaded Microsoft.

I am pretty capable with the PC and hardware software OS etc... I dont own a Mac but I need help with one.

My friend has a power Mac and asked me to Format and do a fresh re-install. He really has no idea about computers,

So i thought I would help him out. He does not have the original OS Disc. Is it possible to do a format and re-install without it ?

Does this mean he needs to buy a new copy of OSX ? Not sure which version he has

I thought since you can't buy OSX and it only comes with a Mac computer, should I not be able to get a new copy sent from Mac ?

how does this work with lost OSX Discs etc... for re-installing

Any help would be appreciated O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Sadly you will need the install disks, but luckily you can buy them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Without the OS X CD/DVD you can't do anything. £89 from Apple, but have a look on ebay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Without the OS X CD/DVD you can't do anything. £89 from Apple, but have a look on ebay.

Where did you get that price from? that seems a bit high.. I paid $35 from apple when I bought my imac restore discs with overnight shipping.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.