Weird Issues, Small Complaints

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz 2 Gig Ram 120GB HD
Alright so far I'm enjoying my switch to a mac, but it's only been a month... so that might just change. My first problem arose this evening when just surfing the net. I went to shut down the computer and it went into sleep mode after me telling it to shut down, then I couldn't get it out of sleep.. no matter what I tried. Finally it came out of the sleep after about 5 mins and a small window was open saying something about file vault taking up too much space, but I souldn't actually read it because the "restart, shutdown, cancel," window was open but nothing that I was doing was registering. I finally had to hold the power button down until it shut off. Is this normal? I also have noticed that my power button os considerably lower on the keyboard side, leaving a real edge that I can feel.. not a big deal cause it still works but for 3 grand it shouldn't be like that. Anyone else experience these issues? Thanks for the help and say I had to get service to fix something like that button that will annoy me to no end... where do I take this machine? No Apple Stores around so do I gotta send it in? Thanks everyone!!

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay sorry for the long post there, hopefully someone can give me an answer on it. I just looked at the power button thing a little closer and it appears that the small ring AROUND the power button has sank in a little on the keyboard side.. is this something that others have experienced? Is there a way tp pop it back into place without me having to send my MBP away? It seems like a big deal for something so small! :(

Reaction score
My power button is sunk a little on the keyboard side as well if this makes you feel any better.. I was never really sure if this was normal or not :\

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think it is and I plan on swinging by the "authorized" Apple repair centre as soon as I get the chance. It's not a "functional issue" but it certainly is an annoying one seeing as I want a non broken machine :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
its not really broken, its just aesthetically not to your liking.

if your within your return period im sure theyll do something for you. if your not, good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.