upgrading my macbooks drive

Reaction score
Hey, Im not to familiar with upgrading macbooks, but my major requires me to have a macbook w/ dual superdrive and a 120 gig harddrive. I have a macbook already but it doesnt have a superdrive or a 120 gig HD. Are these upgradeable?

Reaction score
the harddrive is upgradeable (& it's easy to do)...dunno about the optical drive..you might have to get an external DVD burner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I think it's ridiculous to require those things. They don't matter. You could get an external hard drive, or an external DVD writer. Why does it have to be in the computer? I think it's ridiculous that they require you to have a certain computer in the first place. I have a friend who bought a PowerBook at the beginning of our senior year of high school, and then went to MU, where they required Journalism majors to have MacBooks or MacBook Pro's. She had to buy a new computer just to make them happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz, 512M RAM, 60GB HDD
Why would they require a new computer? If they do the uni should provide them with one, its just wrong to expect every student to be able to drop £1k/$ on a laptop!

Reaction score
I think it's ridiculous to require those things. They don't matter. You could get an external hard drive, or an external DVD writer. Why does it have to be in the computer? I think it's ridiculous that they require you to have a certain computer in the first place. I have a friend who bought a PowerBook at the beginning of our senior year of high school, and then went to MU, where they required Journalism majors to have MacBooks or MacBook Pro's. She had to buy a new computer just to make them happy.

Wow. Things sure have changed since i was in college (2001, not that long ago)...they have computer hardware requirements in the curriculum of Journalism classes now?!! :Confused:

Powerbooks aren't too shabby even by todays standards...what kind of new fancy, processor intensive software do they use that requires no less than 1.83Mhz Core Duo?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
they have computer hardware requirements in the curriculum of Journalism classes now?!! :Confused:
Powerbooks aren't too shabby even by todays standards...what kind of new fancy, processor intensive software do they use that requires no less than 1.83Mhz Core Duo?

Maybe Text Edit? :Lips-Are-Sealed:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.