Vibrant colors...

Reaction score
Hi, I use an intel iMac loaded. What I am looking for is an application (free/shareware) that will allow me to apply colors that are vibrant (something the apple colorwheel just doesn't have), things like glittering gold or silver or polished aluminum and Neon... you get the idea. I would optimally like to be able to create something in vibrant color then use a program like 'Image Tricks' or 'Seashore' to alter or add layers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Every colour possible that can be displayed on a screen is in that colour wheel. You cannot display gold or neon on a monitor - the gold will display as a mustard colour for example. The only way to deal with metallics is in print - print programs should have Pantone Metallic colours in there, although you'll only see them if you send them to a professional printer.

If you want simulated effects, there are options in Photoshop for glows, plastic and metallic layers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Well, not entirely true. If your monitor is set to millions, you need the same number of different millions of pixels to show a unique color each, in order to see every color possible.

To make some colors seem glowing, you should apply a glow to them in your art program, and perhaps tone down the rest of the scene. Monitors work by creating light... so it's tough to make some pixels glow (since they are all actually emitting light).

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate that you took the time to write... I found what I wanted in a program by BeLight software called ArtText. Does just what I wanted, if your interested: Vibrant Colors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
It looks a nice program.

Well, not entirely true. If your monitor is set to millions, you need the same number of different millions of pixels to show a unique color each, in order to see every color possible.
Yep, I mistyped what I meant. Every colour is available on the colourwheel, but not all at the same time!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.