The New Battery DID WHAAAA?!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hello all,

After I download the Battery Update a few days a go I noticed major deterioration in the batery performace. Called apple and they guided me throug resetting the PMU and that didn't fixed it so they replaced my battery.

I just got the new Battery today and it was at 66% charge when I got it, showed about 4:01 hrs till empty I was like WOW, that amazing, not a second later, as soon as wireless network kicked in it droped to 2:01 hrs, COME ON, no ways wireless connection can't just shave 2 Hrs clean.

So I turned off Airport and I got back only 20 min.

I know it might still need to be calibrated, but daiiiiiimmmmmnnnnn its just wierd.

Let me know what u guys think.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB memory and 80GB hard drive, iPhone 8GB
My battery now is on 100% and i got 4:10 with AirPort on. I think 2hrs with 66% and AirPort on is normal.

Oh, is it bad for the battery to leave the charger on while the MacBook is off and its 100% charged? (sorry for hijacking your thread)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The calculation for the charge time remaining is a reference, not an exact scientific measurement. You'll notice it changing all the time.

Sometimes, when I first unplug my power adapter, it says I have a few hundred hours' of charge time left-- then it catches up with reality.

...Oh, is it bad for the battery to leave the charger on while the MacBook is off and its 100% charged? (sorry for hijacking your thread)

No.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Well, thats kinda of reassuring.

We'll see how it behaves after I calibrate it later on tonite. I am still using it rite now its at 48% so we'll see what happens by the time I get to my hotel.

Cheers I will post the updates.

PS mo010, no worries its all good :D

Mina

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
My battery now is on 100% and i got 4:10 with AirPort on. I think 2hrs with 66% and AirPort on is normal.

Oh, is it bad for the battery to leave the charger on while the MacBook is off and its 100% charged? (sorry for hijacking your thread)

It's fine to leave it plugged in. The PMU will stop charging the battery when it's full regardless of whether the notebook is on or off.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The calculation for the charge time remaining is a reference, not an exact scientific measurement. You'll notice it changing all the time.

Sometimes, when I first unplug my power adapter, it says I have a few hundred hours' of charge time left-- then it catches up with reality.

No.

Agreed. Battery life measurement is not an exact science. There's no float inside the fuel tank like there is on a car. Analysis is done based on usage trends - and the time remaining is just an estimate based on several different variables.

And yes, leaving wireless radios turned on (both Bluetooth and Airport) can consume a good bit of power. Another good method of reducing consumption is to lower your screen brightness to the minimum necessary for the ambient conditions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.