Just got my iBook!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
14" and i love the thing, but does anyone know how to play AVI, MPG and MP3 file formats? I have tried WMP 9 and it says invalid format, and Quicktime gets a error code when trying to play them also, and they are not corrupt :(

it ROCKS TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Graeme43 said:
14" and i love the thing, but does anyone know how to play AVI, MPG and MP3 file formats? I have tried WMP 9 and it says invalid format, and Quicktime gets a error code when trying to play them also, and they are not corrupt :(

it ROCKS TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

I play my MP3's with iTunes, and for most other media, I use VLC, which is excellent.

T

TylerMoney

vlc works great...and iTunes has almost no equal when it comes to playing your mp3's....and I just don't know aobut wma.....it's windows format...and apple hasn't made a way to play them yet...but you can make them mp3, then play them on iTunes....you'd have to make them mp3 before you put them on the iBook though.

OP
Graeme43
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
I have Windows media player 9 mac version for wmv files, but it says that mpegs are invalid formats, so thats not going to last long, I think the update of Quicktime has helped also :) and VLC has sound stutters every 10-20 seconds :(

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.