Lacie Big Disk - won't appear !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20
I have bought a Lacie Big Disk (GigE attached). It is connected to my home broadband router. I can ping it from my iMac20 (10.4.9) wired to the same router.

I have installed the Lacie IPconfigurator from:

http://www.lacie.com/uk/support/support_manifest.htm?id=10224

When I run the utility the Lacie never shows up as a connectable resource

Is there something else I should be running besides the IPconfigurator

I have logged a support case with Lacie TAC but so far no response.

Thanks for all ideas ?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20
Update

Brief update - I can browse to the disk with http / I logged on as admin / formatted the drive / created shares / cleared the log / restarted my iMac....and now I can connect from Finder / Connect to Server....have successfully mounted the share I created for back up....on to Super Duper I think !

Reaction score
I appear to have the same problem.
The IPConfigurator on the supplied disk gave an error, I downloaded the software frome the LaCie site.
Now it can't find teh disk: witch IP adress did you use?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20
I looked at the DHCP lease pool on the ADSL router and picked the one given to the router

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20
Mine works like a dream now - Superduper backsup every night automatically

Reaction score
as I'm not a real computer freak some of the stuff mentioned is a little bit acacadabra to me. So what do you mean by creating shares and clearing the log?
And if i format the drive nothing realy changes.... I can't choose a type of format so what is the sense of re formatting?

Please help.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20
You can't choose format type on Lacie so no real point unless you want to reinitialise the drive. Shares are folders on the drive....I have a backup folder and a movie folder....my iMac backs up to the back up folder and in future I will put movies and music maybe in the other folder. You could also create a Music folder etc. The log are events that the disk knows about...clearing it occasionally makes sense in case you use the information to check on status....if it is meaningless then dont worry about it.

What can help make it more meaningful is to set the time and date to the correct time

Hope that helps ?

Reaction score
Do you mean time and date on my MacBook? time and date on my MacBook are correct: 23:41 ????

Reaction score
OKAY, that was a bit of a stupid answer. Meanwhile I've noticed that I cab adjust the time on the ED. :D
Is it possible to let the icon of the ED appear automatically on the desktop without connecting manually to the server?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.