Frozen mouse - iBook

W

woodyr6

Hi,
I have an iBook which appears to boot ok, but the mouse will not move and stays in the top left of the screen. The keyboard works. I have zapped the p-ram. Any suggestions? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
Had the same issue...it turned out to be bad Ram.

Jerry

OP
T

TylerMoney

if you installed extra ram..take it out, and see if you're good after that..if you are....you got yourself some bad ram..or at least ram that your mac doesn't like....get rid of it..and go to crucial.com...and find yourself some good ram...corsair is great ram too.

OP
W

woodyr6

I haven't installed any RAM - it is the same it had when I bought it. I will try some new in (borrow some). Does RAM just go bad?

OP
W

woodyr6

this is what is bizarre, the touch pad doesn't work, and neither does an external usb mouse if i plug it in.. But otherwise it appears to boot normally!

OP
U

Uni

sounds like RAM...

take it back to where u got it from and tell em to fix it... u would have gotten a warranty with it, so take that with you.

Uni/.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.