Menu bar issues

W

wjones3

I have OS 10.3x installed on my new iBook which originally was connected to a router using your standard CAT5 ethernet cable.

Excited about the wireless technology, I bought and configured the necessary components to surf cable free. All is going well with the connectivity, but now for some reason, those items which load upon startup like, StuffIT, Fabulator (misspelled) are acting strangely.

Let me explain. You know how one startup application which shows up on your menu bar will appear once successfully loaded, and the same for all subsequent programs? This happens, then all the icons disappear and the items reappear one by one.

Must I re-install the OS or is there a way of preventing them from loading so I can diagnose the problem further?

Please advise.

:confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can disable them from loading by going to

System Preferences -> Accounts -> Startup Items and checking the box for those items

OP
W

wjones3

Thank you for the help. I shall give this a try and further diagnose what is going on.

Enjoy your weekend. :p

trpnmonkey41 said:
You can disable them from loading by going to

System Preferences -> Accounts -> Startup Items and checking the box for those items

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.