can i make certain playlists shuffle w/o shuffling all?

Reaction score
normally i don't want the shuffle feature on, but a few playlists I like shuffled. is there anything better I can do than keep switching the shuffle setting when I change from an album to a playlist I want on random?

Reaction score
You should be able to do this. i just checked my library and I have 2 playlists that are set on shuffle and the rest are not. Some also have different view options like 'equalizer' in place of 'last time played', etc.

If you have the most current version of iTunes, this should work.

OP
M
Reaction score
You should be able to do this. i just checked my library and I have 2 playlists that are set on shuffle and the rest are not. Some also have different view options like 'equalizer' in place of 'last time played', etc.

If you have the most current version of iTunes, this should work.
well I do have the most recent version of iTunes and iPod software, so thats not an issue.

The best I've been able to do is just scramble a playlist on my iPod through iTunes w/ the shuffle button. Even though the original order of songs changed, it still plays them sequentially on the iPod each time (read: no randomness, same order until I scramble playlist in iTunes again).

Is my only option constantly switching "Shuffle: Off" to "Shuffle: Song" on my iPod? or can I get certain playlists to randomize?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
Is my only option constantly switching "Shuffle: Off" to "Shuffle: Song" on my iPod? or can I get certain playlists to randomize?

Yes.

Proxy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
On you iPod there is only the shuffle setting in the iPod settings. I haven't seen any other way to shuffle songs on the iPod.

Reaction score
Everyone once in a while mix up the order of the playlist and then sync your iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.