Turning on the built in cam

Reaction score
I have the MacBook and I am trying to get the built in cam to work with a program called ISPQ with out much luck. Is it not possible to simple turn on the cam and use it with what ever program I chose?
Thank you for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
If the program isn't programmed to access the iSight then it will not work

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I hope Mac in some future patch adds a on button to the cam so that it can be used with any program that uses a webcam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Its not an apple issue. 3rd party programs have full access to the camera, but if they don't program their software to use it, it won't work

OP
W
Reaction score
I just sent my question off to there support staff so with any luck I will have there answer in a day or so.

OP
W
Reaction score
Here is the reply that they sent to me

Our Solution:

Hello

Use iSpQ VideoChat>Preferences>Video to activate your built-in Mac camera. Be sure to quit any other program which also uses the camera before starting iSpQ.

iSight is a generic name for several Apple Cameras. The external one is a firewire device while the integrated one uses USB. iSpQ uses the controls available in the drivers assigned to each camera. At the moment, the driver for the integrated camera has fewer available options than those for the external model.

We have found several sources of software which might help, both having free trial periods:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iglasses/ for a utility which adds controls to Apple iSight drivers

http://www.ioxperts.com/index.html for enhanced drivers for Mac OS web cameras

George E Little nanoCom Support Staff

Now after my dinner I shall give it a try :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.