Question on powerbook

W

wahdiatme

Hello,

this is going to be my first mac and I've decided to go with the 1.5ghz 15" superdrive. I have been reading in some other forums from it seems a while ago where people talk about white spots on screens and latches not working properly. Is this a concern with the new PB's or was that just the first batch of them?

I'm new to all this mac stuff and have been reading every post. . I can't wait to get it (graduation present):D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
All the Powerbooks/iBooks I have looked at and closed in the Apple store near me latch just fine. Very nicely in fact.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Well I don't think anybody here has the newest model which you have chosen so we haven't heard any reports of problems yet

The revision in Sept 2003 was having some problems with displays but they sorted that out pretty quickly.
The previous revision didn't have many screen problems

OP
T

TylerMoney

they've apparently fixed the thing that caused those problems....they apparently fixed them before the recent update...so you should be above and beyond ok.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

the issue with the monitors thats just an ongoing issue...for a LCD to be perfect its almost 1 in a thousand or something..i forget the specs so there is going to be white spots or perhpas green or perhaps red spots..its just the wiring of the electrodes and the pixels sometimes one of the connects can get stuck on (ie red, green, blue dots ) or in an off possistion (white) and there is nothing that can be done to fix this issue yet..its to costly for them to make perfect LCDs. but they are gettin better there are also ways to get a dead pixel back alive ( ie gently rubbing it or massaging it from the reverside (metal side) to get the connection to come back on ) i personally have a green spot that is on and off and a white one. i almost think of it as a game collect 7 dots and you can get a new monitor pssst im on my second one !

as far as the latch i havent heard many issues with that anymore..just a couple of ppl who broke theirs. the problem could come from the gap when closed causing to much stress on the latch there is a possible fix...if you go to your apple retail store or repair depot you can get additional grey feet for the bottom of you PB all you have to do is take to the of them and some of the glue they give yah and just glue them to the inside of the cover on the edges. the size of the foot is perfect for that lil gap.

cheers

hope you enjoy you new PB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i have had no problems with my powerbook screen and my cousins who have a powerbook and ibook have had no problems with the screens

OP
T

TylerMoney

No one I know has had any screen problems either...and my firend bought a 15" about two months ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.