Major brand new G4 laptop crash!!!!!! Please help!!!

Reaction score
hi all!

i bought my gf a laptop that's about a month old, and today it crashed after clicking on an i-tunes song to the point she can't restart even with the system disk and holding down "c". it sounds like she tried the apple care disk as well, and got nowhere.

the screen has/ had lines, and triangle type patterns. (having not seen the problem, i'm going by what she described). through the phone i could also hear it makes loud beeps, like an elevator reaching a floor. she also said it was giving her small shocks.

anyone know what is going on? i appreciate any and all help. thanks!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Since the system is still under warranty, I would take it in to the Apple store and have them look at it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
hi all!

i bought my gf a laptop that's about a month old, and today it crashed after clicking on an i-tunes song to the point she can't restart even with the system disk and holding down "c". it sounds like she tried the apple care disk as well, and got nowhere.

the screen has/ had lines, and triangle type patterns. (having not seen the problem, i'm going by what she described). through the phone i could also hear it makes loud beeps, like an elevator reaching a floor. she also said it was giving her small shocks.

anyone know what is going on? i appreciate any and all help. thanks!

A G4, new? Did you buy it new in box from Apple or a reseller? or was it refurbished?

OP
N
Reaction score
it was bought brand new from my mac guy. i took it to tekserve here in ny. their initial diagnosis is that it's the logic board. if anything else is screwed up, they won't know 'til they fix that. but it's keeping a lot of other things from functioning correctly. her airport disappeared completely! thank god it's under warranty though. looks like this was unavoidable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.