There was an error joining the AirPort network "..."

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my AirPort Extreme network card when connecting to a wireless network. This is actually the second time I've had this problem, under the exact same circumstances, but I don't remember what it was that I did to fix it last time. The problem occurred when I moved my laptop to a room with a very weak wifi signal and the connection dropped. Now I'm no longer capable of connecting to the network, regardless of my location or signal level. It's not a problem with the router itself, since all the other laptops in the house can still connect without any problems. The WEP password inserted here is correct and no settings had been changed when the AirPort card stopped working. I have already tried reconfiguring the network on the router, disabling WEP protection, changing the channel, etc. Nothing works, the AirPort keeps refusing to connect to the network. This leads me to believe that there is some bug in Mac OS X or in the AirPort Express firmware that causes the card to lock up in certain circumstances (when working with a very low wifi signal, judging from both the times this has happened to me). I have already disabled and enabled AirPort, rebooted and deleted the keychain associated with the network. Nothing works, it still refuses to connect to the network.

Has anyone else here had this problem? What can I do to solve this?

Also, is Apple aware of this problem?

Computer Model: 15.4" C2D MacBook Pro
Mac OS X Version: 10.4.9 with all the current updates installed
Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme
Wireless Card Locale: Worldwide
Wireless Card Firmware Version: 1.0.47

Reaction score
Help can connect to internet

HELP!
I can't connect to my network it was working fine yesterday, the thing is i can connect to it because i does not ask me for the password because it changed. I know the knew and the old password but it just log in automatically!
so i need to ask me the password again!

Please help and tell me how to be ask the password!

ASAP!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.