Video out on my iPod simply doesn't work...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I've had my 30 gig video for over a year now and I still cannot figure out why I can't do any video output to a TV. I used an 1/8" to RCA cable and set the video settings to 'Video Out' in NTSC format, but still no go. Every TV I've hooked it to just says "No Signal." Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Bump: I know it's only been 50 minutes, but I haven't had many views.

Reaction score
I've got the same ipod and I use the AV cables to connect to the tv. The video works but I hardly ever use it.

I think it's the cable your using.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think that's the problem because I've tried two different cables from two different brands, one of which was made especially for the iPod Video. I think it's my iPod. Thanks for the help though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Apple switched the signals around so that a standard 1/8" to RCA video cable wouldn't work...unless you swapped the video and one of the audio cables (forget whether the video goes through the L or R audio). Try swapping them around

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks trpnmonkey, it worked! That's a funny little trick that Apple pulled.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.