Final Cut Pro? eMac?

M

mauly

I plan to get the new emac 1.25GHz with 1gig and 160HD! I'm wondering how well final cut pro/express will run on the emac?

Would the render time for an effect be slow or will it be fairly quick?

I don't know if this sounds silly!! but, how would the software compare, if it was on a powerbook 1.5GHz, 512MB to that of the above emac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I actually just got that exact system that you are thinking about (the eMac) for my dad

I haven't installed FCP yet on it but on everything else I have tried it absolutely fliiiies. I was doing some photoshop and iDVD work on it and it was amazing how much faster it was than my powerbook (specs below my name).

I think you are better off with the eMac over the PowerBook....1gb of ram is a much more significant performance increaser than the .25 ghz. the eMac has a better video card and a superdrive 2x faster than the PowerBook

I love my powerbook but performance wise i dont think it could hold the fully loaded eMacs jockstrap

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
mauly said:
I plan to get the new emac 1.25GHz with 1gig and 160HD! I'm wondering how well final cut pro/express will run on the emac?

Would the render time for an effect be slow or will it be fairly quick?

I don't know if this sounds silly!! but, how would the software compare, if it was on a powerbook 1.5GHz, 512MB to that of the above emac.
These are rather stunning specs. I think it will run just this side of lightening! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
I tested final cut pro on my eMac. it ran very well. youll get best performance if if you keep playback quality low (for editing, it does not affect final autcome) and RT safe. performance is not very nice when RT is unlimited (means youll have less to render). as for final cut express its very smoot and nice. unfortunantly I had to deleat them both, i borrowed them from friend to test drive. I think final cut express is better for eMac,( i will get one soon), because this machine can not utilize all great fitures of pro (like unlimited RT, and meny others, and without these features its basicly express. and pro is way too expencive unless you make money with it. for the video hobbist, express is the best.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.