Finally Got it!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2Ghz C2D, 2GB ram
Went to the apple store, and came home with a beautiful brandy new and sparkling white mac book. Just booted it up, and couldnt be more pleased with my investment!
Now im one of you all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Too bad. We've got you now. You can never go back. Ever. ;D

Congrats and best wishes with your new MacBook! May you find it enjoyable. ^_^

OP
RawfodoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have a question already;
I was downloading a bunch of updates, but when I put my computer to sleep the prgram quit. Does this usually happen??
Also, is there a way to resume my downloads??

Reaction score
Went to the apple store, and came home with a beautiful brandy new and sparkling white mac book. Just booted it up, and couldnt be more pleased with my investment!
Now im one of you all!

It does no good to resist - you will be assimilated.......

Reaction score
Have a question already;
I was downloading a bunch of updates, but when I put my computer to sleep the prgram quit. Does this usually happen??
Also, is there a way to resume my downloads??

You have to let the updates run completely and they won't if you put your mac to sleep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Congrats. I think that's exactly what I said when I got mine. :) Heck, I was outside of the Apple store for all of 2 minutes and someone came up to me and started asking questions about it. lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
it closes the update program but not normal program i.e. itunes or ms office.

congrats on your purchase

OP
RawfodoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks everyone! I figured out the update stuff. Now I just need to figure out how to use FTP with my old PC. It hasn't been turned on since I got this guy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Welcome and congratulations! Hope to see you around here lots.
You'll love your daily mac finds as you explore and use OS X. ;D

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard! As it's already been said you've made the right choice. I switched in March and am continually amazed at how many aspects of mac (hardware, peripherals, software and on) I keep finding that I like. Even the little power cord connection, things like that really make mac a mac. :) Also, you're in the right place for knowledge! Cheers on your new purchase!

Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
Congrats! Enjoy the MacBook. To show how much I got roped in, I first bought a mini and I LOVED it. I loved it so much I wanted it with me all the time . So I returned the mini and bought a black macbook. Then I loved that so much I wanted to do more then just the basic stuff so I returned that and bought a MBP!!! Its an addiction!!!!

OP
RawfodoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im hoping that wont quite happen to me, but then again I wouldnt mind having a MBP. That was my original choice, but after talking to the apple guys they recommended the MB with an extra GB of ram for my school work. So far i think i made an excellent choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Hi there, congrats on taking the plunge. If you haven't figured out the ftp thing yet, you can enable ftp access by going to System Preferences --> Sharing and selecting "FTP Access" and either clicking the check box or clicking start. Then, you can access your Mac from another machine using an ftp client. You'll log in with your short name and password. By default (if I'm remembering correctly), it brings you to your home directory.

Again, welcome to the Mac world. Once you go Mac, you never go back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.