Crashed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-- 20" 2.16 ghz, 250 gig HD, 1 gig memory. MBP C2D-- 15" ,2.33 ghz, 200 gig HD, 1.5 memory
Hello,
I currently own a 20" iMac and am trying to figure out what happened. All of a sudden after going to a south park website I opened firefox and it did the thing where the icon bounces once or twice and then just goes away. I then got out of the website tried firefox again and it said something was wrong with a codec... I then tried to reinstall firefox and got a kernel panic... long story short, I've been trying to even get it started and it won't boot up. The farest I can get is to the Mac OS X screen right before I type in my password... any help would be appreciated. BTW, I already switched the memory around and reseated... I have no idea why all of a sudden it crashed. :\

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-- 20" 2.16 ghz, 250 gig HD, 1 gig memory. MBP C2D-- 15" ,2.33 ghz, 200 gig HD, 1.5 memory
bump.... help! please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
Try starting in safe mode. Hold down shift after the startup chime. Open disk utility (Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility) and repair disk permissions.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the help Anthony... I took it to an Apple Store and they did some archive restore... it kernel paniced once.. and I'm hoping it won't again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
No problem. Glad you got everything worked out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.