mapping ports for amule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook G4 2G memory
when using amule, I keep being given a low ID. The amule ports to be kept open are: TCP 4662/4665 and the UDP port is 4672. I tried entering these numbers but I still get a low ID and Kad firewalled. Is there a specific way to write the numbers? should I also enter the personal IP (the one given by my airport extreme base station is different from the one my cable modem uses).
As a whole, I am very satisfied with the station, it was very easy to set up and, apart from this problem, everything's ok.;D

Reaction score
What you will need to do is create a "port-forward" that forwards traffic from your external (cabelmodem) IP to your internal (personal) IP on the ports used by aMule - I don't know how to do it on the Airport Extreme, but usually it's pretty straight forward.
If you have turned on your software firewall on the mac you will need to open the ports there too.
Bonne chance!
Klaus

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook G4 2G memory
Thanks

ok, thanks for the advice. I don't know how to do it either, but it sounds logical.I'll get to it and let you know when I have succeeded.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook G4 2G memory
port forwarding on new airport extreme base station

Read a lot of different articles on the web and still can't manage to get rid of a "low Id" on amule. Can anybody help? I understand i must make my airport IP accept what my cable modem IP receives. I have not activated any firewall that I know of and still get the mention: Kad firewalled.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.